So clojure web development now not a hot topic there is not much info where to start, what to do, what to use to strart, what is clojurescript and how to work with it.
But if we dig deeper there are many tools to use for web development. First thing “Noir” simple framework for web dev, something like Sinatra in ruby world. Monger library to work with MongoDB. Hiccup to make some html code in clojure pretty close to HAML.
We start making simple app and in every step we will use some library to solve the problem.
Short todo list
- We start with Noir and make welcome page. Here we find out what need to start simle web app.
- Then we start Bookshelf app. Idea is simple suppose you have some books in your home library so we will make a list of that books.
What we can do with it:
- Add a book with title and author and store that info to DB.
- Add picture to the book
- Add a book via ajax call and using fetch library
- Edit picture of any book in ajax fashion.
- Upload our app to Heroku
- Working with S3 store.
- Using pusher.com for making our app realtime !
Here are articles that already there.
These topics not set in stone they are subject to change. As i evolve in clojure so articles will change. Maybe better to set topics and add something to them like Working with DB ( working with MongoDB, working with MySQL, Postgre or Datomic) will see later. All suggestions for improvement are welcome. If you have something to say i am happy to hear from you, different point of view or important notice is welcome.